- Serve Individuals, Couples, Families, Polyamorous Families, D/s Relationships, and Group Therapy.
- Specialize in Inner Financial Health, Addictions, Parenting, Depression, Kink, Diverse Genders.
- Use the tools of Emotionally Focused Therapy, Hypnosis, Inner Family Systems, Control/Mastery Theory, and 12-stepping.
- Provide Short-term work on symptom relief
- Provide Long-term work on personality, deep change & growth
Dr. McConnell also
- provides Consultation to therapists
With thirty years of experience, I bring warmth, experience, and practical insight to my work. I have learned to be flexible in approaching different problems with different tools.
I enjoy providing psychotherapy now as much as when I was new to the field. To keep fresh I limit the hours I practice each week, read widely, attend & create new workshops, consult with colleagues on new ideas, and find pleasure in my clients and their progress. I also enjoy the technical process of the work itself, and the elegance and logic of current theories of psychotherapy.
Fifteen years ago almost all my work was individual psychotherapy. Now over half my work is with couples and complex relationships, giving workshops, and supervision. Only 18% of therapists doing couple therapy in the US actually have training in couples work! If you seek relationship counseling, be sure your therapist has the training!
The endless variety that people bring into my office makes my work an ongoing source of challenge, interest and pleasure.
The little yellow Craftsman house on Front Street between Robinson and University. Limited parking in back.